State Department won't ask Israel to return $75 million in aid

(Worthy News) – Secretary of State Rex Tillerson’s team won’t attempt to claw back $75 million in U.S. aid provided to Israel, a department official confirmed Tuesday.

“They’re going to get the money,” State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert told reporters.

Tillerson was reportedly interested in asking Israel to return $75 million allocated by Congress at the end of last year. That would have been a departure of the Trump administration’s policy as recently as May, when the White House pledged that same amount of money to support Israel’s missile defense program.

“Israel is an important, trusted ally of the United States,” Nauert said. “That hasn’t changed and that won’t change. We have a strong relationship with Israel.” [ Source:Washington Examiner (Read More…) ]

Leave a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.